The first week of May 6th,7th is National Hug days. \
Global Free Hugs (GFH) Mission:
To spread kindness through the simple gesture of a free hug and let people know they matter in the world.
When is it held?
GFH is an annual event held the first weekend of May.
Because you want to be part of a positive solution bringing more love and kindness in the world simply by offering a hug.
Global Hug Intentions
- Huggers in every continent
- Hugging in as many countries as possible
- Hugging in all 50 states
- Peace leaders and organizations to participate
- Letting people know they matter with the simple gesture of a free hug
How to Participate:
- Have an open heart, open mind, open arms and a willingness to spread kindness
- Create a free hug sign
- Find a public place to offer free hugs to those walking by – enlist friends or go by yourself
- Take pictures and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post on the Positive Focus Facebook Event page.
- Share your hug experience with us on our Facebook event page or via email.
- Public events preferred, however please join us if you are having a private event and/or simply hugging your family and friends that day. Send your pictures and we will include them on Facebook and in the video if there is room.
- Note: You will find that lots of people will walk by without getting a hug, yet many of them will smile, so know they have been touched as well.